Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Part 3

What i found interesting was that media has a lot to do with how people act. From commercials to advertisements, people are always gullible for everything they see. Shopoholics especially are gullible because once they see something on television that they love but do not really need, they go to their freezer, take the block of ice out with the credit card inside, and they would start hammering it away and trying to call in the purchase before the time runs out. I find that advertisements are also deceiving because they would always tell people that they need this because it was become a great benefit towards them, when literally, people will probably throw their new appliances and never see them again. I also found surprising that media is just like the devil, they promote products that people will love to have but they do not really need it, because one they shop they never stop. I also think that people in this business is wrong for taking people's money away for creating useless junk, because at the end, the business marketers are the ones making the cash.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post! I agree with you that people are vulnerable to advertisement tricks and are fooled to believe that they absolutely need a certain product; whether it be new or improved. Your comparison between advertisements and the devil made me laugh! It’s true that advertisements deceive and fool the public into believing absurd statements. It’s interesting to think about how many appliances and other objects that are in perfect condition and are thrown away or disregarded as soon as a new and improved product makes way onto the market. But thank you for your post! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your post about how gullible people are. I like to think of my self as a person that saves money and doesn't fall for advertisements easily, but I fall for them too. I know I should be stronger when it comes to things like that but I can't help my self either. So I guess i'm just as gullible as the morons you're describing. Businesses take everything from us but they never give anything real back. We should all start living within our means, and only getting what we really need and only what we can afford.

    ReplyDelete