Sunday, December 5, 2010

What I Learned

In this class, i have learned so many things. I have also learned that most of what we use in daily life has some meaning to it. For example, i learned that if i touch a hot stove, i will burn myself, that leads to the concept of cause and effect. I think that this class has a lot to offer and the fact that it is online makes it better so that people do not have to rush to class, they can sleep in and still get the work done and have a good grade in the class. I learned that communication can lead to new friends, with the group we were assigned, i learned many things about them. People also have their own lives and sometimes encounter concepts like appeal to emotion and appeal to pity, as well as appeal to spite. Its amusing how when we say something, we do not know that it is part of concepts say perceptions. When we see a man walking with tight pants, purple sunglasses, and walks in a different way. We automatically assume that he is gay, but we do not know that for sure. Overall, i really enjoyed this class.

2 comments:

  1. I had to pick this blog post to comment on because your last example was just hilarious! Nice job on applying the contexts of what we've learned in class on your blog post with great examples along with it. I agree that it's nice to sleep in and worry about this class on our spare time, rather than physically being there and possibly fall asleep to in class. Your last example of a stereotyped gay person would relate to generalizing because we are judging the person from a typical gay person. Critical thinking concepts is what we use every day in different forms, but it's something we don't realize until we read more about it. Overall, good job on the blog posts, since I usually comment on your blogs because you're one of the early birds like me that likes to get it over with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your post here about the cause and effect. It's funny just like little miss blogger said. I also like how mentioned the group aspect of the communication class. I'm glad to see you met and made friends. Cause my groups barely even spoke. I just met them like last week and it was awkward. I actually hated the group part because i felt like even though it helped my group skills i also felt like it hurt my writing ability. I don't like trusting people with that stuff. Sorry i went on a rant right there but why not? well good stuff overall.

    ReplyDelete